With holiday season upon us and a rise in temperature across the country, this unfortunately sees a rise in insects also. Many are coming into the pharmacy with uncomfortable, itchy, blotchy, bumpy bites looking for a quick and easy remedy to help prevent and ease the symptoms.
One range of products to help which is available and on the market for over 20 years is Jungle Formula. It provides effective protection from mosquitoes, midges and a variety of flying insects. There is a comprehensive range of products to ensure that whether you are enjoying a barbeque in the garden or trekking through a rainforest, there is a Jungle Formula product to suit you.
The medium strength range can be used if you want a bit of extra protection at home or are travelling somewhere short-haul like Europe. Jungle Formula Medium contains 20% DEET and comes in an aerosol spray, pump spray and lotion. It can be used on children over the age of 3 years.
The Extra Strength Range also comes in an aerosol spray, pump spray and lotion. It contains 50% DEET, which is widely recommended by GP’s and travel clinics when visiting countries where insect transmitted diseases are common. It can provide protection for up to 10 hours and can be used on children over the age of 6 years.
New to the range are products specifically for children over the age of 1 year. These include the bracelet and the lotion. The bracelet is waterproof, dermatologically tested and has 100% natural active ingredient provides effective protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects, making it ideal for holidays, outdoor activities and daily use. This can be used with Jungle Formula Kids Lotion. The lotion gives up to 6hr protection. It is non-greasy, alcohol-free and hypoallergenic with a pleasant fragrance.
If you forget to apply your insect repellent, Jungle Formula's Bite and Sting Relief Range can help. It provides effective, soothing instant relief from insect bites and stings as well as nettle stings.
Below are a few general tips to help relieve the symptoms:
- Try not to scratch the area. Keep your nails short to prevent breaking the skin if you do scratch.
- A cool bath or shower may help to soothe the itching. Gently pat yourself dry with a clean towel. Do not rub or use the towel to scratch yourself.
- Avoid perfumed skin care products.
- Try to wear loose cotton clothing, which can help prevent you overheating and making the itch worse. Avoid fabrics which irritate your skin, like wool or scratchy fabrics.
- An ice pack may relieve the itching but should not be placed directly against the skin. For example, you can make an ice pack by using a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a clean cloth.
Visit a Bradley's Pharmacy near you for the best advice on products to treat any skin allergies you might have.
Products featured in this blog post can be found at a Bradley's Pharmacy close to you.